Immediate Position Opening
Geneva Benefits Group seeks an experienced administrative assistant to provide receptionist duties and administrative support to Geneva’s Business Operations team. This position is full time, with office hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. The position reports to the Director of Business Operations.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Answers incoming calls to Geneva’s main line and assist callers or forwards callers to appropriate person or department.
- Monitor the “Geneva Contact@” email box and respond or forward appropriately.
- Primary source on office access (doorbell) and phone systems.
- Main liaison with all delivery people who visit the Geneva office.
- Sort and deliver all mail and prepare all outgoing mail.
- Coordinate the set-up of conference rooms and required equipment and supplies for meetings.
- Maintains primary presence at the reception desk.
- Will be expected to work at the new reception station in of the lobby of the building, just outside the Geneva offices.
- Assist visitors to the building that may need directions to other agencies in the building.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Business Operations by assisting with:
- Maintain electronic files for the organization.
- Maintain the organization and upkeep of the offsite storage unit.
- Upkeep of the asset management records.
- The office management to ensure the office environment cultivates a caring and supporting work environment for all staff and inviting environment for visitors.
- Maintain supplies inventory, keeping in-line with the budget.
- Restock workroom and kitchen supplies daily or as needed, keeping kitchen and work-room area clean and neat.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
- Plan and execution of staff events.
- Capture minutes from staff meetings.
- Pack supplies for General Assembly.
- Other tasks as assigned or requested.
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known.
- A Christian whose life reflects spiritual maturity as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit and knowledge of the basics of the faith.
- Active member of an evangelical church that affirms the tenets of historic Christianity (PCA church preferred but not required).
- In agreement with Geneva’s Statement of Faith.
- The ability for discretion and confidentiality.
- Service orientation.
- A proactive and resourceful individual, with the ability to meet deadlines and to work independently to complete tasks in an accurate manner.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Committed lifelong learner.
- Strong collaborative skills in order to work well with other Geneva associates and other PCA committees and agencies.
- Tenacity to persevere in a challenging business environments.
- 4-year college degree.
- At least 5 years of successful related business experience as a Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant.
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Geneva’s offices are located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This is an in-office position. Remote work is not an option.
Geneva Benefits Group serves those who serve others, providing practical support for the financial, physical, and mental wellbeing of people who work in full-time ministry.