Experienced Finance Professional and Pastor Joins Geneva’s Leadership Team
Lawrenceville, GA – Geneva Benefits Group, the leading provider of retirement and benefits services for the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), is thrilled to announce the hiring of Rev. Will Chang as Geneva’s Investment Specialist. Will brings a wealth of financial expertise and pastoral experience to his new role, where he’ll provide strategic leadership in achieving long-term competitive investment performance for various funds managed by Geneva.
Currently serving as the pastor of New Life Presbyterian in Orange County, CA, Will has a diverse professional background that spans both the financial sector and pastoral ministry. Before earning his Master of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary, Will spent nearly a decade working in prominent financial institutions such as JP Morgan, Citigroup, and Anderson Consulting in New York City. He has also served on Geneva’s Board of Directors for the past two years. Will’s blend of financial acumen and pastoral sensitivity uniquely qualifies him for this role.
As Investment Specialist, Will will provide strategic guidance to Geneva’s President, Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and Board of Directors. His key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Retirement Readiness Team to enhance support for pastors and ministry workers through field visits, financial education, and initiatives aimed at improving financial outcomes.
- Working closely with churches to address their capital asset needs.
- Advising the President on investment issues that impact Geneva’s work and ministry, including developing a robust Biblical Values Investment Philosophy in collaboration with the Biblically Responsible Investment Institute (BRII).
- Overseeing the management of investment options within Geneva’s Retirement Plans.
- Collaborating with Geneva’s President, Board of Directors, and investment consultant to oversee the investment and performance of Retirement, Insurance, and Relief Trusts.
Will’s appointment marks a significant step forward for Geneva in advancing its commitment to providing comprehensive financial support and guidance to pastors and ministry workers.
“We are thrilled to welcome Will Chang to Geneva Benefits Group, said Ed Dunnington, President of Geneva. “His extensive experience in both finance and ministry, coupled with his strategic insights, make him an invaluable addition to our team. Will’s passion for serving ministry leaders aligns perfectly with Geneva’s mission to guide and support those who serve in ministry.”
About Geneva Benefits Group: Geneva Benefits Group is the leading provider of retirement and benefits services for the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). With a mission to guide pastors and ministry workers through the complexities of financial planning and employee benefits, Geneva offers a range of services and resources designed to ensure the wellbeing and long-term flourishing of those serving in ministry. For more information, visit genevabenefits.org.
Geneva Benefits Group serves those who serve others, providing practical support for the financial, physical, and mental wellbeing of people who work in full-time ministry.