In ministry, taking care of the details is good stewardship. Whether
you lead the business operations of a large church/ministry or
volunteer as treasurer at a small church, we walk with you to make
sure your pastor and staff are well cared for – through every detail.
Geneva’s team of benefit advisors and retirement planners are
ready to serve you and your ministry staff.
How we can help:
- Church-based retirement plan with special benefits for ministers and lay-staff
- Advice on navigating + structuring pastoral compensation (call packages)
- Free group or individual consultations about personal and church finances
- Retirement planning for your staff from team of certified planners
- Group insurance options that reduce taxes for employees
- HR support for volunteer treasurers and church administrators
- Financial assistance with health insurance for pastors in between calls
- Emergency relief for pastors and staff when the unexpected happens
- Christian counseling and support for staff and families
- Subsidized counseling for pastors’ wives
- Pastoral transition support (in between calls)
- Other wellbeing resources for staff
“Ultimately, if we’re helping them not have to focus on financial concerns—freeing them up to do their ministry—then we’ve done our job.”
Tom Bryant, Geneva Benefits Advisor
How do we add insurance benefits?
You can add insurance benefits for your church/ministry staff by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Visit our My Benefits page to download and complete two forms:
A) Group Insurance Adoption Agreement (IAA). This allows you to select which insurance products your organization will offer full-time employees.
B) Benefit Plan Enrollment Form. This provides us with the information needed to set up an account in SmartBen (our on-line benefits administrator).
Step 2: Request a secure email link by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Submit forms through secure link.
How do we add a new hire for benefits?
New hires should complete and submit an Enrollment form, found on our My Benefits page, and enroll for new insurance benefits within the first 30 days of hire.
When are benefits effective?
Benefits are effective the first day of the month following the date of hire. Please do not send contributions before this date.
Are we invoiced for coverage a month in advance?
The monthly invoice from Geneva reflects the premiums for the current month’s coverage. Please submit the Total Amount Due each month by the Due Date listed on the invoice.
How do I communicate employee status changes to Geneva?
Please copy the current month’s invoice which lists the employee and his/her coverage. On the copied sheet, make a note by that employee’s name with the change of employment and the last day worked, if applicable. Fax (678.825.1261) or email the page to Geneva for processing at email@example.com. Changes and any needed adjustments will be reflected on the next month’s invoice (credits or retro billings).
Do I have to be ordained to enroll for Geneva benefits?
No, ordination is not a requirement for enrollment in Geneva benefits. Employees who work 30 or more hours per week are considered full-time and eligible for Geneva group benefits (both retirement & insurance).
Reach out for a consultation
Director of Retirement Readiness, Rev. Don Aldin (CRPC®)
Director of Benefit Services, Mark Melendez (CRPC®)
STRUCTURING PASTORAL COMPENSATION
Sr. Financial Planning Advisors, Rev. Dave Anderegg (CFP®)
VP of People & Culture, Rev. Jon Medlock